Powered by Blogger.
Menu :

Review: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS3)

Review by Matt S. 

I loved Assassin's Creed 3. I realise that's a controversial statement to make for the fans of the earlier AC games, especially considering that I wasn't a fan of the series until AC3 (at all), but the trip through early-era America was for me a revelation.

Assassin's Creed 3 nailed something that as far as I'm concerned the previous titles didn't; the history. As someone who didn't know much about American history, Assassin's Creed 3 had me clicking through Wikipedia on more than one occasion, filling out my knowledge on the people, places and events that was occurring within the game. Of course Ubisoft took liberties with history in order to make a game worth playing, but just as Tecmo Koei adds an atmosphere of authenticity to it Warriors games by basing them off history, so too did Assassin's Creed 3, where the history was so central to the experience in a way that felt far more rich and detailed that the previous European assassin adventures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment