Powered by Blogger.
Menu :

Call Of Duty: Ghosts represents everything that is wrong in the games industry

Opinion by Matt S.

Getting this out of the way from the outset: I haven't played Call Of Duty: Ghosts. There's no review that's going to go live on Digitally Downloaded once the embargo lifts, and I've got no inclination to buy the game.

I've played previous Call Of Duty games, of course, and they consistently disappoint me. Not because they're poorly-made games. They're quite clearly made well, or they wouldn't sell in the kinds of numbers they do.

Rather, my objection to Call Of Duty is on the basis of what it tells us about the development of the games industry. For the past week or so my Twitter feed and social aggregate sites like N4G have been filled with stories about whether the game looks better on one platform than the other, screenshot comparisons, and so on and so forth. The analysis of the game's technical merits, right down to fish and dogs, can actually be impressively detailed. And that's the problem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment